Record Breaking A Level Results
Students and staff at Gumley House School FCJ are celebrating increases in A level results with more students gaining the A*- A grade, surpassing the last 3 years of results and more than half achieving A*-B grades. This year group have had a determination throughout their A-levels and strived for their own personal best and as a group they have raised the bar.
Outstanding performances from key departments include Art, French, Italian, English Literature, Maths and Further Maths where the majority of students achieved A* - C grades. In addition, our students studying the Chinese Cambridge Pre-U received outstanding results, including A*.
We are delighted that Gumley students have achieved results to be proud of. Students and staff have worked determinedly to achieve these, notable successes include:
- Sofia is excited to be starting the next stage of her educational journey at her first choice university; King’s College London to study Business and Spanish following her achievement of gaining 2 A’s and an A* in History, Maths and Spanish. Sofia hopes her degree will enable her to achieve her longer term goal of becoming a CEO of a successful company.
- Emily is thrilled to have gained the grades she needed to in order to study Sports Science at East Anglia. Emily attributes some of her success to the incredible support she received from her teachers and the dedicated careers department.
- Rachel hopes to use her talented language skills to have a future career in International Development following her A* and 2 A’s in French, Spanish and History. Rachel couldn’t be more appreciative of the opportunities she had access to whilst at Gumley including her paid French Summer School. Rachel’s advice to younger students, “Work hard but find the right balance, your wellbeing is just as important”.
- Bereket is heading to Durham University to study accounting and finance following her A and 2 B's in Maths, Physics and History. Bereket is thankful for the support she received from the teachers and her fellow peers which, added to the incredible ethos and atmosphere, has helped her achieve her results.
- Head Girl, Olivia is one step closer to achieving her dream of becoming a Vet after receiving her outstanding A*, A*, A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. She is now heading to Liverpool University to study Veterinary Science. “Aim high and work hard” is Olivia’s advice to the new Year 12 students starting at The Sixth.
These overwhelmingly positive results have ensured students successfully progress to the next stages of their ambitious futures whether that be taking up places at their chosen universities or apprenticeships.
Their aspirations and the school’s distinctive approach to teaching and learning and educating the whole person have empowered them with the confidence and talents to not only excel in their recent examinations, but to thrive as they pursue successful careers.
Anthony Graham, Head of Sixth Form Said: “I believe the bespoke support that all of our students receive during their time in Sixth Form is what gives them their advantage. The tireless dedication to achieving their goals is admirable and this year’s success is a credit to all involved. I am excited to see what the future holds for all of our students.”
Caroline Braggs, Headteacher responded: “I am incredibly proud of the excellent relationships that have been forged between our students, families and the staff body which have made these results possible. One of the key reasons for our success has been the consistent focus on the interests of the students, developing a broad range of skills and responsibilities. Thank you to the astonishing staff whose commitment has enabled our students to reach their potential and go on to continue creating their stories as they carve out their future careers.”
Emily, Rachel, Sofia and Bereket are among the many Gumley students who head off to their respective universities after their highly successful achievements.