Sixth Form Students empowered by Women of the World Conference.
Gumley Sixth Formers, were part of this inspiring Southbank event again this year, which included mentoring sessions with women from different industries.
Rachel’s report looks at the key highlights and how this impacted on our group of students.
“The day kicked off with speed mentoring on the London Eye. We had an amazing opportunity to talk to women from all different careers that included: journalism, law and fashion, each gave us such helpful advice on our futures.
We also enjoyed hearing from other young women on the conference panel discussing the action they were taking and changes they were making in society. This was followed by two workshops that focussed on how we can develop greater confidence and the other on communicating why certain role models are meaningful to each of us”.
Read our group’s experiences:
- “Today was extremely enlightening, I really enjoyed all of the activities that we did, especially the speed mentoring”, Sarah
- “I particularly enjoyed the personal stories given by the four young women who demonstrated that they took action against injustice”, Nikola
- “The mentors were very encouraging, friendly and inspiring”, Rachel
- “The speaker was very good and raised not just female issues but general issues that I wasn’t aware of”, Liwia
- “It has taught me that nothing is impossible if you have determination and when reaching for the stars, the only thing pulling you back should be gravity”, Anabel
- “The mentoring gave us an insight into work life and the confidence workshop made you question and face your fears”, Asiya