We have a smart and strict uniform policy, which we expect our STUDENTS to adhere to at all times.
We maintain the highest standards of personal presentation, building a sense of pride amongst our students and preparing them for working life.
There are two suppliers of uniform to the school. The Parents' Association also run a second-hand uniform shop (please telephone the school office for details of time and place). Some parents may be eligible for a uniform grant. Enquiries should be made to the Education Office of your home Local Authority. Grants are available on entry to the school and at the end of the year 9.
For more information on our school uniform, including examples and suppliers, please download the booklet below:
Gumley School Uniform Booklet
Additionally, if you feel you are eligible for a School Uniform grant from your Local Authority, Please visit the Hounslow link - or click here for other Local Authorities.
Basic Uniform for Years 7-11 (Compulsory)
- Blazer: Brown with blue and gold stripes with the school badge
- Dark brown skirt, double kick pleat - worn mid-knee (and not rolled up) or dark brown school trousers.
- Brown jumper with trim
- Cream long sleeve winter shirt - worn with the top button done-up and tie (autumn 2 + spring term)
- Cream short sleeve, open neck summer blouse (summer term + autumn 1)
- Tie (house colour) - worn with a smart knot in winter
- Plain black or brown leather low-heeled shoes (not above 3.5 cm). Trainers, canvas shoes, mules, pumps, boots or any ankle shoes are not allowed.
- Plain brown or natural coloured tights
- Plain brown, beige or white knee or ankle socks
- ID badge and lanyard - worn at all times in school
- A sensible school bag large enough to hold A4 books and folders
Outdoor wear (Optional)
- Dark brown school fleece.
- A smart, dark brown winter coat (optional). The winter coat will need to be full or three quarter length, at least long enough to cover the school blazer, made of plain cloth or padded and without a logo. Coats made of leather, suede, or denim are not permitted, nor are jackets.
- School scarf or plain brown or cream of the same size as the school scarf may be worn during winter months. No other scarves should be worn.
- Hats and gloves may be worn during the winter months and should be brown or cream. No other head covering is allowed.
- Gumley logo t-shirt
- Gumley logo black hooded sweatshirt (optional)
- Long black football/hockey socks.
- Trainers with non-marking soles. Plimsolls/canvas shoes are not permitted.
- Gumley logo black shorts or black skort.
- Draw-string bag for PE kit
- Gumley logo black tracksuit bottoms or logo black sport leggings.
- Shin pads are required for football and hockey and a gumshield for hockey.
- Optional: long sleeved white cotton T-shirt (to be worn under the logo polo shirt).
All uniform needs to be marked with your child’s name
- No jewellery is allowed except a wrist watch (not ornate) and small, ball-shaped, plain gold, silver or pearl ball studs (no diamante). Only one earring in each lower earlobe is permitted. No other visible piercings will be accepted including those covered up by plaster or retainers.
- Make up, including mascara and eyeliner, must not be worn – your daughter will be asked to remove it and donate 50p to Charity.
- Henna is not permitted.
- Coloured nail varnish should not be worn – your daughter will be asked to remove it and donate 50p to Charity.
- For health and safety reasons false/acrylic/long nails are not allowed. Nails should be kept short.
- Hairstyles should be conventional. Fad hairstyles, symbols, or marks shaved into the hair or eyebrows is prohibited.
- Excessive and unnatural blended hair colours e.g. purple, pink, white, gold or ombre are not permitted.
- Hair below shoulder length needs to be tied back in the laboratory and/or practical activities.
- Hair bands and clips should be plain: brown or black.
- There should be no other adornments, for example bows or flowers.
- Head scarves should not be worn.
For more information on our school uniform, please view our school policy.
Second Hand Uniform
We are very thankful to the students who donate their uniform to the school, particularly those who transition to our Sixth Form. Our PTFA sell second hand uniform at various events during the school year, including:
- MidYis Testing Day in June
- Welcome Evening in September
- Christmas Marketplace in December
- Summer Fair in July.
Outside of these times, if second hand uniform is required, please do not hesitate to contact Student Services who will be able to help you further.