Report a concern?
Report a Safeguarding Concern
The member of staff with responsibility for Safeguarding and Child Protection is: Mrs F Russell
Mrs Russell's office is next to Student Welfare on the ground floor of D Block (behind Student Services).
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Ms R. Jaipersad
Ms Jaipersad's office is on the ground floor of A Block at the bottom of the stair case
CEOP SAFETY CENTRE
The NCA’s CEOP Command is here to help children and young people. If you are a young person and you or your friend (up to age 18) has been forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity with anyone online, or in the real world. the website also has advice and links to support for other online problems young people might face, such as cyberbullying and hacking.
Just click on the Click CEOP button of the link here.
Bullying is a behaviour by an individual or group, repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically, emotionally or mentally.
As a member of Gumley House, you have the right:
- to live your life in peace and safety;
- to be an individual and be proud of being different;
- not to be bullied;
- to say 'no' firmly to anything that is wrong;
- to protect yourself by ignoring others or by walking away;
- to tell a member of staff, if someone is making you unhappy.
As a member of Gumley House, you have the responsibility:
- not to be a bully;
- not to put up with any form of bullying;
- to work with others to stop bullying;
- to inform a member of staff of bullying;
- not to be afraid to report any incidents;
- not to put up with bullies in your group of friends.
Gumley House prides itself on its caring attitude and on valuing each person equally.
We will not tolerate any form of bullying. We will support any victim of bullying.
All members of our community are expected to uphold this charter of student rights and responsibilities
(See Policy Against Bullying' in the Handbook for Parents/Carers and Students and on the Policies page of this website)