Free School Meals
There are a good number of students who may be eligible for Free School Meals, but have not claimed them.
This is important, whether or not a student has school meals. If a student is eligible for Free School Meals, she may also be eligible for financial support with other school activities, such as clubs, trips, and music tuition.
Student who are entitled to free school meals will also be issued with a ScoPay (online) account so that parents can add funds for breakfast or mid-morning snacks which the free school meal entitlement does not cover. At lunchtime, students entitled to free school meals obtain all food using the same cashless system so that their meal status remains anonymous to other students.
Every student who claims free school meals is entitled to many forms of support from Gumley House School FCJ. This extra money is called the Pupil Premium. The money is used to help support learning through initiatives such as extra revision classes and one-to-one tuition. Students also get help with the cost of school trips and school equipment.
Your daughter may be entitled to free school meals and/or Pupil Premium funding if you are in receipt of certain benefits.
Children whose parents/carers receive any of the following are entitled to Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
From 1 April 2018, the Department for Education made changes to the Universal Credit Thresholds, any student eligible for Free School Meals before this date will be protected until 31 March 2022.
The school receives funding to support students whose parents are eligible for Free School Meals. If you believe you may be eligible to claim Free School Meals, please complete the online applications directly below, from the Local Authority you are living in. The process of application varies slightly depending on which local authority you live in but if you think you may qualify, please contact the school, and we will give you help and advice about how to register and help you to fill in the forms if needed.