Bright futures ahead as Gumley Girls embark on their next chapter
Gumley House School FCJ has once again proved their commitment to academic and personal excellence following notable subject results and outstanding individual performances in this year’s GCSE results.
We are delighted to report unprecedented success in this year’s examination results earned by our Year 11 cohort. Our Gumley Girls have been ambitious and determined, and we are delighted to see their hard work rewarded.
Update for Summer 2022: Attainment 8 score: 58.87
In a cohort full of individuals who have their own unique strengths and talents, special mention must be made of those girls who have achieved an outstanding set of results:
- Kashaf, who has won numerous awards for her writing and representation, celebrates an amazing set of GCSE results today after achieving grade 9 in all of her subjects.
- Former Mount Carmel Primary School student, Aoife, is celebrating the outcomes of her hard work and focus after attaining an outstanding eight grade 9 grades and two grade 8’s at GCSE.
- Perrine is excited to be continuing her educational journey at our Sixth Form after securing an incredible nine GCSE’s at grade 9 and one at grade 7.
- Olivia’s resilience and dedication has seen her awarded an amazing seven grade 9’s, two grade 8’s and a grade 7.
- Alexandra gained four grade 9’s, five grade 8’s and a grade 7 and is thrilled with her achievements.
Altogether there were 161 grade 9’s awarded, 246 grade 8’s and 267 grade 7’s. This is a real testimony to the focus, persistence, resilience and hard work of all the students in the year group.
We are thrilled that the majority of our students are returning in September to continue their educational journey in our co-educational Sixth Form which consistently delivers top results and saw the highest attainment of A* grades in the borough this year. We are confident they will be the leaders of the future and with the excellent qualifications, skills and qualities they have already gained, they are in the best place to do this.
Stephen Byrne, Headteacher, commented:
I am so proud of the progress of our girls, academically and personally. They are ambitious, motivated and talented young women, and I know they will take this unexpected end to their GCSE years in their stride and learn from it. I hope it will help them to be even more determined to make the most out of every opportunity and to use their many and varied talents wisely.
I would also like to recognise and thank all the staff here at Gumley for their dedication and tireless support of each and every girl. This personalised approach to knowing each individual student is what makes Gumley truly unique.
This year we have enjoyed the most extraordinary performances on the sports pitches; been royally entertained by outstanding productions; contributed to our local and wider community; and now remarkable exam results. We are all so proud of their resilience and positivity and wish them all every success in the next chapter of their lives.
I very much look forward to welcoming many of them back to our Sixth Form at Gumley in September.