Supporting your child in their future career
If you have a child at Gumley House, you will be kept updated on the Careers Information Advice and Guidance that your child will be receiving. Information will be shared through letters home via EduLink, our newsletters as well as through information events such as Open Evenings and Parents Evenings.
Resources can be found on this site which you may wish to use in order to support your child in their career decision making. Please do visit our Careers Section which your child will visit regularly - it features many resources and links to further information and guidance.
You may also find the websites links below useful.
- Parent Advisor - Information and guides for parents
- iCould - Information for parents for students at 14, 16 or 18
- The Guardian - 10 things Parents Need to Know - Article from the Guardian
- Barclays Life Skills - Advice for parents in helping their child gain valuable work experience
- Writing Your Personal Statement - Advice from UCAS
- Choosing Your Degree Subject - Advice from Which?
- Going to University - A complete guide to going to university
- Student Finance - Government website providing information on student finance