Here is a list of online resources you can use to vary your learning during the time we are at home.
Additionally, our own internal Exam Resources website featuring many PiXL materials can be accessed here: https://sites.google.com/gumleyhouse.com/revision/home
Previews of complete revision books from Open University Press are available using the link below:
In addition. there is a list published by the government for all Key Stages below:
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org
- Especially good for maths and computing for all ages but other subjects at Secondary level. Note this uses the U.S. grade system but it's mostly common material.
- BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- This site is old and no longer updated and yet there's so much still available, from language learning to BBC Bitesize for revision. No TV licence required except for content on BBC iPlayer.
Free to access 100s of courses, only pay to upgrade if you need a certificate in your name (own account from age 14+ but younger learners can use a parent account).
For those revising at GCSE or A level. Tons of free revision content. Paid access to higher level material.
Free taster courses aimed at those considering Open University but everyone can access it. Adult level, but some e.g. nature and environment courses could well be of interest to young people.
School of Sign Language: https://www.schoolofsignlanguage.com/learn-online/learn-online-free-only/
- Free online videos and guides to teach yourself British sign language
- Learn computer programming skills - fun and free.
- Creative computer programming
Ted Ed: https://ed.ted.com
- All sorts of engaging educational videos
National Geographic Kids: https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
Activities and quizzes for younger kids.
- Learn languages for free. Web or app.
Mystery Science: https://mysteryscience.com
- Free science lessons
The Kids Should See This: https://thekidshouldseethis.com
- Wide range of cool educational videos
Crash Course: https://thecrashcourse.com
- YouTube videos on many subjects
Crest Awards: https://www.crestawards.org
- Science awards you can complete from home.
iDEA Awards: https://idea.org.uk
- Digital enterprise award scheme you can complete online.
Paw Print Badges: https://www.pawprintbadges.co.uk
- Free challenge packs and other downloads. Many activities can be completed indoors. Badges cost but are optional.
- All kinds of making.
Prodigy Maths: https://www.prodigygame.com
- Is in U.S. grades, but good for UK Primary age and Key Stage 3.
British Council: https://www.britishcouncil.org/school-resources/find
- Resources for English language learning
Oxford Owl for Home: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Lots of free resources for Primary age and Year 7
Big History Project: https://www.bighistoryproject.com/home
- Aimed at Secondary age. Multi-disciplinary activities.
- Geography gaming!