Application to Sixth Form
Great choice! Come on in!
Applications to join the Sixth Form at Gumley House are welcomed from everyone for whom there is an appropriate course. Although we are a Catholic school, non-Catholic applicants are very welcome to apply provided the Catholic character and ethos of the school’s education is fully complied with and supported. We have high expectations of our Sixth Form students and require all applicants to have a highly positive attitude to learning.
Allocation of places:
Places at The Sixth are available for all existing students on roll during the previous academic year providing they fulfil the minimum entrance requirements and individual requirements for each subject of the proposed course as set out in the course guides.
In addition, the Governors will admit pupils from outside the School to Year 12, subject to the applicant meeting the minimum entrance requirements and the individual entry requirements of suitable courses as set out in the course guides on our school website.
To study A-levels applicants will be required to have achieved at least:
- 5 GCSE passes at grades 9-5 including English Language and Mathematics.
- A GCSE grade 6 or higher in the individual subject they intend to pursue at A-level, with the exception of Mathematics where a level 7 is required (see course guides for individual entry requirements).
- For Further Mathematics a grade 8 in GCSE Mathematics is required.
- If the subject was not studied at GCSE, please check the course guides to check for the entry requirements for your chosen courses.
- Pathways will be offered to students as outlined in the course guide and subject to sufficient numbers.
Entry requirements to study BTEC courses are outlined in the Course Guides.
There may be limited places at consortium schools for subjects not available at Gumley and you are advised to check the subject specific entry requirements for courses at those schools.